By V. V. Didenko
The 1st complete therapy of power move (ET) nucleic acid probes. Hands-on specialists completely describe the entire significant probes, either fluorescence resonance power move (FRET)-based and non-FRET-based, and supply an entire set of suggestions to observe DNA and RNA reactions, together with hybridization, amplification, cleavage, folding, and institutions with proteins, different molecules, and steel ions. optimum layout techniques for custom designed ET probes are awarded, in addition to options for distance selection in protein-DNA complexes and the detection of topological DNA changes, mutations, DNA breaks and unmarried nucleotide polymorphisms. Merging paintings on nanotechnology, and fluorescent probes, authors describe intimately the layout and alertness of ET-using molecular units, resembling biosensors, molecular machines, and good judgment gates for molecular scale computation.
Read Online or Download Fluorescent Energy Transfer Nucleic Acid Probes: Designs And Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 335) PDF
Best biology books
Small GTPases play a key position in lots of elements of latest cellphone biology: keep watch over of phone development and differentiation; law of mobilephone adhesion and cellphone stream; the association of the actin cytoskeleton; and the legislation of intracellular vesicular shipping. This quantity plus its significant other Volumes 255 and 256 disguise all biochemical and organic assays at the moment in use for studying the position of small GTPases in those elements of mobile biology on the molecular point.
Released on the grounds that 1959, Advances in utilized Microbiology remains to be essentially the most generally learn and authoritative evaluation resources in microbiology.
The sequence includes accomplished reports of the most up-tp-date examine in utilized microbiology. fresh parts lined comprise bacterial range within the human intestine, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation strategies and the translation of host-pathogen discussion via microarrays.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented through thematic volumes on a number of subject matters, together with Archaea and in poor health construction syndrome. influence issue for 2007: 1. 821.
* Contributions from top experts and experts
* Informs and updates on all of the most up-to-date advancements within the field
* Reference and advisor for scientists and experts curious about developments in utilized microbiology
Sigma receptors are promising drug improvement goals for a bunch of neurological, psychiatric, oncological, immunological, cardiovascular, ophthalmological, and gastrointestinal problems. they're structurally exact proteins which are designated from classical G protein-coupled receptors, ionotropic receptors, or receptor tyrosine kinases.
- Nitric Oxide Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 100)
- Molecular Biology of Woody Plants: Volume 2
- CURRENT TOPICS IN DEVELOPMNTL BIOLOGY V6, Volume 6
- Nietzsche, Biology and Metaphor
Extra info for Fluorescent Energy Transfer Nucleic Acid Probes: Designs And Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 335)
Rev. Genomics Hum. Genet. 2, 235–258. 3. Kwok, P. Y. (2002) Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms: Methods and Protocols, Humana, Totowa, NJ. 4. Didenko, V. V. (2001) DNA probes using fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET): designs and applications Biotechniques 31, 1106–1121. 5. Stryer, L. and Haugland, R. P. (1967) Energy transfer: a spectroscopic ruler Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 58, 719–726. 6. Wu, P. and Brand, L. (1994) Resonance energy transfer: methods and applications Anal. Biochem. 218, 1–13.
1. Probe Labeling 1. Inserted amino-linker spacer: Uni-Link™ AminoModifier (BD-Clontech, Palo Alto, CA). 2. Linker for 5'-terminus labeling: TFA aminolinker (Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA). 3. Linker for 3'-terminus labeling: 3'-amino-modifier C7 CPG (Glen Research, Sterling, VA). 4. Amine-reactive dye for accepter: FluoroLink™ Cy5 Mono Reactive Dye (Amersham Biosciences, Piscataway, NJ). 5. Amine-reactive dye for donor: amine-reactive BODIPY 493/503 (Molecular Probes, Eugene, OR). Detecting RNA/DNA Hybridization 45 Fig.
And Sauer, M. H. H. (1996) Nucleobase-specific quenching of fluorescent dyes. 1. Nucleobase one-electron redox potentials and their correlation with static and dynamic quenching efficiences. J. Phys. Chem. 100, 5541–5553. 7. Haugland, R. P. (2002) Handbook of Fluorescent Probes and Research Products, Molecular Probes, Eugene, OR. 8. Lakowicz, J. (1999) Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Plenum, New York. 9. Andrus, A. and Kuimelis, R. G. (2000) Current Protocols in Nucleic Acid Chemistry.