By Taoufik Bourdi
During this publication, the authors define certain layout method for speedy frequency hopping synthesizers for RF and instant communications purposes. there's nice emphasis on fractional-N delta-sigma dependent section locked loops from requisites, approach research and structure making plans to circuit layout and silicon implementation. The built options within the e-book may also help in designing very low noise, excessive pace fractional-N frequency synthesizers.
Read Online or Download CMOS Single Chip Fast Frequency Hopping Synthesizers for Wireless Multi-Gigahertz Applications: Design Methodology, Analysis, and Implementation PDF
Similar microwaves books
Quadrature hybrids are passive circuit parts which are utilized in quite a lot of RF and microwave purposes, and this state of the art publication is the 1st source to supply engineers with an effective figuring out in their features and layout. The publication is helping pros use lumped aspect quadrature hybrids to accomplish tremendous large bandwidth operation.
Within the fast paced, "I-need-it-done-by-yesterday" global of microwave engineering, it really is extra very important than ever to get your circuit designs up-and-running on time and to requisites. Authored by means of a well known professional within the undefined, this particular new publication is helping you do exactly that by way of proposing no-nonsense, proven-under-fire microwave circuit layout "recipes" so that you can keep on with for speedy layout effects -- with no need to plow through pages of theoretical or educational rhetoric.
This booklet provides rules and purposes to extend the space for storing from 2-D to 3-D or even multi-D, together with grey scale, colour (light with various wavelength), polarization and coherence of sunshine. those actualize the advancements of density, skill and information move price for optical info garage.
- Effects of Ionospheric Scattering on Very-Long-Distance Radio Communication
- Nanostructured Thin Films and Surfaces
- Microwave Active Circuit Analysis and Design
- Geolocation Techniques: Principles and Applications
- Micro and Nanophotonics for Semiconductor Infrared Detectors: Towards an Ultimate Uncooled Device
Extra resources for CMOS Single Chip Fast Frequency Hopping Synthesizers for Wireless Multi-Gigahertz Applications: Design Methodology, Analysis, and Implementation
19) where k is Boltzmann’s constant, T is the device temperature, and R is the resistance value. 66 × 10−20 V–C. Using circuit analysis, the transfer function can be calculated from each noise voltage generator to the filter output voltage. (These equations are not simplified, but are reduced enough for computer implementation. Note the low-pass characteristic on R2 and R3. 4 Main Divider Noise The divider is a periodically time-varying circuit. The fixed-ratio frequency divider gives an ideal noise figure F = 20log(N).
Above 500 kHz, the PLL loop filter should filter out the phase noise of the MASH modulator. Therefore, the usage of the MASH modulator is a key factor in reducing the phase noise plateau in fractional-N frequency synthesizer. Phase-Locked Loop Frequency Synthesizers 39 Figure 3-18. 1 Fractional-N Case Study In this section, a case study is presented for a ∆−Σ-based frequency synthesizer used in the WLAN standard. The selected output frequency was chosen to yield a fractional division ratio. The specified parameters are similar to those presented in the case of the integer PLL but with a higher sampling frequency of 40 MHz as shown in the shaded cell of Table 3-5.
939–940.  I. V. Brennan, “Phase Noise Contribution of the Phase/Frequency Detector in a Digital PLL Frequency Synthesizer,” IEE Proceedings on Circuits, Devices and Systems, Feb. 2003, 150 (1), pp. 1–5. D. A. A. Kwasniewski, “Delta–Sigma Modulation in Fractional-N Frequency Synthesis,” IEEE Journal SolidState Circuits, 28, pp. 553–559, May 1993.  B. Miller and B. Conley, “A Multiple Modulator Fractional Divider,” Proceedings of IEEE 44th Annual Symposium Frequency Control, 1990, pp. 559–567.