Drawing jointly contributions from a various crew of foreign specialists within the box, this choice of papers examines the biology and pathology of elastin on the molecular point. themes contain the constitution, ultrastructure and serve as of elastin; elastin rules; elastin's position in getting older, lung improvement and disorder and atherosclerosis; in addition to comparable facets of pharmacology and meals.
Read Online or Download Ciba Foundation Symposium 192 - The Molecular Biology and Pathology of Elastic Tissues PDF
Best biology books
Small GTPases play a key position in lots of facets of up to date telephone biology: regulate of telephone development and differentiation; law of mobile adhesion and mobile flow; the association of the actin cytoskeleton; and the rules of intracellular vesicular shipping. This quantity plus its significant other Volumes 255 and 256 hide all biochemical and organic assays presently in use for examining the function of small GTPases in those elements of mobilephone biology on the molecular point.
Released given that 1959, Advances in utilized Microbiology is still essentially the most generally learn and authoritative overview assets in microbiology.
The sequence includes accomplished studies of the most up-tp-date learn in utilized microbiology. contemporary parts lined contain bacterial variety within the human intestine, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation approaches and the translation of host-pathogen discussion via microarrays.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented by means of thematic volumes on a variety of themes, together with Archaea and ill construction syndrome. influence issue for 2007: 1. 821.
* Contributions from best specialists and experts
* Informs and updates on all of the newest advancements within the field
* Reference and consultant for scientists and experts concerned about developments in utilized microbiology
Sigma receptors are promising drug improvement pursuits for a number of neurological, psychiatric, oncological, immunological, cardiovascular, ophthalmological, and gastrointestinal problems. they're structurally specific proteins which are unique from classical G protein-coupled receptors, ionotropic receptors, or receptor tyrosine kinases.
- International Review of Cytology, Vol. 28
- Ubiquitination and Transmembrane Signaling
- Amino Acid Analysis Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 159)
- Marine Mammals: Biology and Conservation
Extra resources for Ciba Foundation Symposium 192 - The Molecular Biology and Pathology of Elastic Tissues
Nature 246:461466 Hoeve CAJ, Flory PJ 1974 Elastic properties of elastin. Biopolymers 13:677-688 Jacob MP, Hornebeck W, Robert L 1983 Studies on the interaction of cholesterol with soluble and insoluble elastin. Int J Biol Macromol 5275-278 Leahy D, Hendrickson W, Aukhil I, Joshi P, Erickson HP 1992 X-ray crystal structure and cell adhesion studies of the RGD-containing FN I11 domain from tenascin. -spiral conformations of the elastomeric polytetrapeptides, (VPGG), and (IPGG),, by 2D NMR, and molecular mechanics studies.
4. The elastic fiber. FASEB J 7:1208-1218 Ross R, Fialkow PJ, Altman L K 1977 The morphogenesis of elastic fibers. Adv Exp Biol Med 79:7-17 Sakai LY, Keene DR, Engvall E 1986 Fibrillin, a new 350-kD glycoprotein, is a component of extracellular microfibrils. J Cell Biol 103:2499-2509 Shimada T , Sato F, Zhang L, Ina K, Kitamura H 1993 Three-dimensional visualization of the aorta and elastic cartilage after removal of extracellular ground substance with a modified NaOH maceration method. J Electron Microsc 421328-333 Smith P 1976 A comparison of the orientation of elastin fibers in the elastic laminae of the pulmonary trunk and aorta of rabbits using the scanning electron microscope.
Biochim Biophys Acta 310:48 1-486 Tamburro AM, Guantieri V, Pandolfo L, Scopa A 1990 Synthetic fragments and analogues of elastin. 11. Conformational studies. Biopolymers 29:855-870 30 Discussion Tillinghast EK, Townley MA 1986 The independent regulation of protein synthesis in the major ampullate glands of Araneus caraticus (keyserling). J Insect Physiol32: 117123 Trinick J 1992 Understanding the functions of titin and nebulin. FEBS Lett 307:44-48 Urry DW, Starcher B, Partridge SM 1969 Coacervation of solubilized elastin effects a notable conformational change.